Established in 1906, Cave & Sons Ltd is one of the oldest surviving firms of independent Stockbrokers and Investment Managers in the UK. We offer a wide range of stockbroking, financial planning, and wealth management services to a diverse client base. We are currently looking for an experienced Administrator to join our team.
This is an integral role in providing administrative support to our Financial Advisers and Paraplanners, working closely with the wider administrative team. This is a varied role involving behind the scenes” administrative duties, as well as liaising with clients, internal departments, and other firms to provide an excellent service to all our stakeholders.
Job responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to Financial Advisers and Paraplanners
- Preparing letters of authority and collecting policy information
- Packaging suitability reports for distribution to clients
- Processing new business applications, fund switches, and withdrawals
- Assisting in the production of relevant paperwork such as Review Questionnaires, valuations, letters to clients and providers
- Contacting clients by phone, email, and post to arrange annual review meetings
- Tracking cash balances and arranging cash movements
- Maintaining client records on financial management databases
- General administrative duties
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills
- Possess excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Work well under pressure and thrive off managing a busy workload
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Be professional and able to work as part of a team
- Display good use of initiative and be able to work independently
- Be competent in Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word & Excel) and adaptable to using new IT software
- Be motivated and ambitious for personal and professional development
- Have critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Have prior experience working with confidential information
- Have previous experience as a Financial Planning Administrator or a similar role within Financial Services
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Cash Plan
- On-site parking
- Study support
- A friendly, social team environment
As we are FCA regulated, we are required to undertake a standard DBS check on all new staff members joining the firm.
In addition to your CV, please provide a cover letter outlining your reasons for working in Financial Services and how the skills you have make you well-suited for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 per year, dependent on experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.