Established in 1906, Cave & Sons Ltd is one of the oldest surviving firms of independent Stockbrokers and Investment Managers in the UK. We offer a wide range of stockbroking, financial planning, and wealth management services to a diverse client base. We are currently looking for a Trainee Paraplanner to join our Financial Planning team.
As a firm, we provide advice on investments, pensions, protection, and specific tax planning. Our paraplanners provide technical support to our Financial Advisers and work closely with the administrative team to carry out research into financial solutions and prepare suitability reports to send to clients. The successful candidate will receive full support for their growth and development within the role, including study support as well as ‘on the job’ training.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Financial Planning firm, for example within an Administration role, and a basic understanding of pensions and investments. They may have started their studies but do not need to be fully qualified.
Please submit a cover letter with your application detailing why you would like this position and what makes you a good candidate for the role, including details of any relevant experience you have and any exams you have taken.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing detailed financial planning suitability reports aimed at meeting the needs and objectives of our clients over a wide range of investment, pension, and insurance products.
- Liaising directly with the Financial Advisers to carry out detailed research and provide technical support.
- Liaising with the administration department who will package reports to be sent to clients.
- Preparing Cashflow analysis reports for clients.
- Speaking with product providers around product specific information.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory and product changes by meeting annual CPD requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a financial planning or wealth management business.
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- Possess excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Work well under pressure and thrive on managing a busy workload.
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbally.
- Be professional and able to work as part of a team.
- Display good use of initiative and be able to work independently.
- Be competent in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word & Excel) and adaptable to using new IT software.
- Be motivated and ambitious for personal and professional development.
- Have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have foundation knowledge of pensions and investments.
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata).
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution.
- Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- Study support.
- A friendly, social team environment.
- Salary of £22,000 – £25,000, dependant on experience.
As we are FCA regulated, we are required to undertake a standard DBS check on all new staff members joining the firm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.